Hey Fashion Designers,
It’s September: the “Back to school” spirit is in the air. It’s electric! It’s hectic, fast paced. The ones are preparing to send their brand on the runway, the others are on a professional fashion trade fair. The energy is high, new hopes are born. It’s the debut of a new page. And everybody’s running to get this upcoming quarter going.
Today I wanted to share with you an amazing habit that can help you a lot drive your sales up.
It’s about goal planning! Yep, high vibes, running around etc is all good but you’d better know where you’re running to. So I’d like to share with you a strategy tip I apply especially now with a fashion brand that I work with: it’s a total game changer.
Why goal planning is an inevitable part of your brand strategy
There is a Harvard business study of 1979 that established that people who have goals and especially clear written goals have much better results:
- 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84% who had no goals at all.
- The 3% who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97 percent put together.
So which part do you want to be a part of? Your choice!
This is of course also applicable in a fashion business. Goal planning enables to maintain the sales level. If you don’t know what kind of results you want to achieve, how else would you know the kind of effort you need to make? And what would you be actually working for?
Hustling is not an end in itself. The point of spending all this energy is to be able to sell and make a living out of your fashion brand.
So get ready to plan the upcoming quarters, months, weeks, days. It’s an hour or two of work but hey… 10 times as much earnings as those who don’t plan and write down their goals so you’d better get started now.
The quick goal planning formula
Now I am going to share a quick formula to help you best plan your goals:
- Plan the year first. Then the quarter, the month, the week and the day. This way you get to know how the small results of one day contributes to the whole plan. If you’re doing the exercise now in September or at the beginning of a quarter, you can start planning the upcoming quarter, month and weeks.
- Write down the quarterly goals you want to achieve:
– How much sales do you want to achieve at the end of the quarter?
– To how many garments sold does your goal correspond?
– What kind of traffic or how many pop ups do you need to organize in order to sell that many garments?
- Once you have your quarterly goals, you can easily transform this into monthly, then weekly then daily goals.
This way you know exactly what you need to do, based on a figure you want to achieve.
Did you enjoy this article?
Here’s what you can do next:
- You can subscribe to the Fashion FXF newsletter and receive the FREE e-book to start your fashion business.
- You can interact with Fashion FXF on Instagram and see more Stories in which we discuss all things fashion business
- You can join the Fashion Fixers Facebook community and exchange with like-minded emerging fashion designers. Make sure to answer all the questions required.
GIFT: GET ACCESS TO THE PINK DIAMOND
For the emerging designers who feel blocked and don't know how to move their fashion business forward. Suitable for beginners and advanced emerging designers. Offered by Fashion FXF.
>> SIGN UP NOW <<
THE FASHION BUSINESS PLAN
For the emerging designers who don't feel comfortable with business and numbers and want to learn the smart strategies to be visible, build a solid profitable fashion business in an easy way. Fillable templates and a step-by-step workbook included. Suitable for beginners and advanced emerging designers.
>> GET THE FASHION BUSINESS PLAN NOW <<
WAITLIST: THE ICONIC FASHION BRAND ACCELERATOR
For the emerging designers who want to want to get quick regular LIVE guidance to help them get their business revenues unstuck. Group calls, suitable for medium and advanced emerging designers.
>> SUBSCRIBE TO THE WAITLIST <<
THE 1:1 SCALE UP INTENSIVE
For the emerging designers who want an exclusive experience with regular 1:1 business coaching sessions and an approach tailored to their business goals. Suitable for medium and advanced emerging designers.
>> JOIN THE 1:1 SCALE UP INTENSIVE PROGRAM <<