Looking for investors to fund your brand can be very complex. Things do not stop at delivering a business plan. You have to pitch to the investors and only then the whole process starts. And then, you need to land the right investor.
We found a great Fashionista article with 8 tips to find the right investors.
Here is what they recommend:
- Learn to speak the investors’ language. You will find a beginners’ guide in our previous article.
- Don’t court VCs who haven’t already invested in fashion and e-commerce startups.
- Don’t talk to associates. Talk to partners only.
- Play hard to get
- Don’t accept money from someone whose vision doesn’t align with yours.
- Get someone with a business background to make your pitch deck
- Keep your pitch short
- Emphasize your strengths
And I particularly insist on not accepting money from an investor who doesn’t share your vision. Not getting into that business relationship will save you from lots of later issues.
The tips are good in general, I hope you’ll…