Source: GettyImages – E+Eva Katalin Kondoros
For today’s topic, I found this great Startup Fashion resource for those who think of expanding their activity and outsource tasks.
Here are the main lessons learnt:
- Understand what you gain vs what you risk before going through outsourcing. You need to know what you want out of it (gain expertise you don’t have, save time, save costs, etc), assess how much it is worth for you and assess the abilities of the person you are about to hire.
- Make sure there is a contract between the two of you
- Limit the duration of the contract to limit the risks if it doesn’t work well. 4 to 6 weeks are recommended in the article, which still enables to properly assess the competence of your contractor.
- Where to find them : preferably through recommendations of your network. Post your job description on Linkedin first. Then you can use sites like Freelancer, ELance and TaskRabbit.
- Find an adequate way to incentivize your contractors. Maybe you can divide the workload into worklots and negotiate to adjust your payments according to the achievment of each lot.
- From the beginning, clarify your expectations regarding the follow-up and feedback you expect from them (Weekly call, Google Doc Sheet to be filled out, email exchanges…)
GIFT: GET ACCESS TO THE PINK DIAMOND
For the emerging designers who feel blocked and don't know how to move their fashion business forward. Suitable for beginners and advanced emerging designers. Offered by Fashion FXF.
>> SIGN UP NOW <<
THE FASHION BUSINESS PLAN
For the emerging designers who don't feel comfortable with business and numbers and want to learn the smart strategies to be visible, build a solid profitable fashion business in an easy way. Fillable templates and a step-by-step workbook included. Suitable for beginners and advanced emerging designers.
>> GET THE FASHION BUSINESS PLAN NOW <<
WAITLIST: THE ICONIC FASHION BRAND ACCELERATOR
For the emerging designers who want to want to get quick regular LIVE guidance to help them get their business revenues unstuck. Group calls, suitable for medium and advanced emerging designers.
>> SUBSCRIBE TO THE WAITLIST <<
THE 1:1 SCALE UP INTENSIVE
For the emerging designers who want an exclusive experience with regular 1:1 business coaching sessions and an approach tailored to their business goals. Suitable for medium and advanced emerging designers.
>> JOIN THE 1:1 SCALE UP INTENSIVE PROGRAM <<