Credit: Photograph © Jason Frank Rothenberg
Isaac Mizrahi : the present focus of a new exhibition at the Jewish Museum in New York.
From Couture fashion, mass market to TV shows. If there is someone who nailed the switch from fabulous to affordable, it’s him. The success formula? I would say it’s a mix of a great understanding of essence of style, pragmatism and open-mindedness.
So here are five lessons we can learn from his story, as told in this “Behind the label” video:
- Considering design is a problem that needs a solution, think about the problems, their life, and think about how you can use the garment in an easy way.
- Understand sewing and what makes a garment look fabulous, a talent Isaac Mizrahi aquired watching old movie costumes from the 30’s.
- Have a conviction about what will look fabulous and know how to put things together.
- Understand image and whichever business he’s in, he assumes he’s entertaining
- Avoid oversimplications – like assuming that young means beautiful or rich means powerful. Opening his mind clearly enabled him to bridge easily to other markets and activities.
GIFT: GET ACCESS TO THE PINK DIAMOND
For the emerging designers who feel blocked and don't know how to move their fashion business forward. Suitable for beginners and advanced emerging designers. Offered by Fashion FXF.
>> SIGN UP NOW <<
THE FASHION BUSINESS PLAN
For the emerging designers who don't feel comfortable with business and numbers and want to learn the smart strategies to be visible, build a solid profitable fashion business in an easy way. Fillable templates and a step-by-step workbook included. Suitable for beginners and advanced emerging designers.
>> GET THE FASHION BUSINESS PLAN NOW <<
WAITLIST: THE ICONIC FASHION BRAND ACCELERATOR
For the emerging designers who want to want to get quick regular LIVE guidance to help them get their business revenues unstuck. Group calls, suitable for medium and advanced emerging designers.
>> SUBSCRIBE TO THE WAITLIST <<
THE 1:1 SCALE UP INTENSIVE
For the emerging designers who want an exclusive experience with regular 1:1 business coaching sessions and an approach tailored to their business goals. Suitable for medium and advanced emerging designers.
>> JOIN THE 1:1 SCALE UP INTENSIVE PROGRAM <<